Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 4 March 2019

The things hoomins do......

There are things that hoomins would do and which to be honest  I don’t always seem to
make a lot of sense to me....not that hoomins are making any sense, anyway, but you know and over time, you learn to live with them as thêy not only have their uses but also they can always be there for you when you need them. Besides they can't help it for being what they are, they were born impurrfect after all!

But sometimes they do things that thêy seem to simply defy logic....you know being themselves creatures of habit like we are of course, when and all of the sudden they seem to be losing the plot and start behaving really really strange.

A good example here is the breaking of our established morning routine....you know the five days in the week when they are behaving normal and they are getting up early in the morning, with my assistance of course, as sometimes alarms are not enough to get them out of bed and they need a bit of encouragement such as biting or scratching faces or any other extremities available and exposed (better in the summer though where they are a lot more body parts exposed than the cold months) or sitting on them, licking faces, making noises or even pull the blinds for them and for the world outside to see (although where we live there aren’t many hoomins outside, mostly birdies…) or knock over some heavy objects on the floor, you know what ever it takes. So hoomins would eventually get up, feed me and the rest of the gang, sort out water bowls and litter trays, then they are allowed to have their own breakfast, wash and dress before finally depart for the rest of the day, till the evening of course when they return and it is time for them to refill the empty bowls and give us some attention. Well sometimes I think that having not hoomins around for such a long for such a long time can be a bit inconvenient as the bowls are getting empty pretty quickly after they have left but then again having peace and quiet and long periods of undisturbed snoozing is not so bad after all....hmmm not sure about this....need to think it over before I decide.

Here I am in my thinking box


Then of course you have the weekends, which I have mentioned it before as hoomins are known not to act like hoomins for two days and which hoomins are allowed to sleep for a little longer as they don’t need to leave the house for very long or even at all sometimes. You see I’m a very considerate kitty and I do realise that hoomins need a bit rest and extra sleep these days so I let them sleep for an extra half hour before I attempt to get them up....too much sleep is not good for hoomins and I make certain that they are getting up without oversleeping and even getting a headache of sorts....besides I need to have my breakfast (as well as the others of course) and I get really grumpy when I don’t have my breakfast on time....hoomins are well aware of this!
As I’ve said I do understand that for the 2 days in a week the hoomins don’t need to get that early like in normal weekdays.....but there are some days, sometimes during the week, ON WEEKDAYS when hoomins don’t get up early and despite all my efforts they refuse to get up and even in some cases they get annoyed by my usual efforts and they’d then lock me out of the room (with no fresh food provided….I could starve if I am left out there for too long) for a couple of hours so they can carry on sleeping....sleeping.....pfft while we are left, abandoned to our fate to starve.....This behaviour does not make sense to me....hoomins simply say that they are on holiday and they need a bit of rest...I say that there is something seriously wrong with hoomins when they are breaking their normal routine for no reason....they are not even sick and all of the sudden they become really lazy and forgetful of their duties....



But fortunately for us, this is not a frequent event and normality is usually kept with no interruptions and we are all quite happy....food bowls are being filled up in time and hoomins are there when you need them...and they do provide you with interesting toys and boxes on some occasions too....but hoomins can be really peculiar and hard to understand at times....not always that intelligent but I guess there is no much you can do about it....

Oh I can hear a hoomin moving towards the kitchen....I better check if he is about to fill up my bowl again, it’s being empty for a while now....

Purrs and meows till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...