Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 7 October 2019

Kittens grow so fast and learn soooo little!



Some relaxing time in my own box...not sharing!



It has been many weeks now since Tolkien arrived and became our newest family member and although I didn’t really see him the first few days (those pesky hoomins they were keeping him hidden from me and they were pretending that there was nobody behind that closed door...they believed that they could trick me...who me, the one that knows everything that is going on in this house...pfft not possible to hide anything from me I say!) when we did meet he was still very small and stupid (well as stupid as he is now…that clearly hasn’t changed, after all that time!).

Yes I remember it very well, he was very small and looked rather lost and confused when he started exploring our home...he was not even sure about me and he was a bit weary at first. But of course as I’m a kind, generous, very tolerant and open minded cat I welcomed him to our home and I took him under my own protection, he became my responsibility(new blood, fresh meat!). After all who was going to teach him how to be a proper cat around here, not the hoomins of course, they don’t know anything and what they think they know about cats are mostly exaggerated lies and hoomin misinterpretation of cat behaviour (pfft hoomins!).

So yes, almost from day one I became Tolkien’s mentor and protector....there are a lot of things that a young kitten needs to know and to be aware of especially when he lives with other cats and of course hoomins if he is not only to survive but also to live well and learn how to get his hoomins to do always what he wants them to do....It is not easy understanding the ways sometimes hoomins think and behave especially if there is no one around to explain why hoomins behave the way they do....as they are funny creatures!

Of course hoomins were also willing to help with the training of the young kitten but naturally and as it was to be expected they end up doing things totally wrong and instead of teaching Tolkien to be a kitten at first they instead ended up totally confusing him....(this is why I had to stepped up and take total control of his training). After all there are really no rules in the house for any cat or there are really things that you are not suppose to do or areas and places in the house where you are not supposed to go in areas....really know,,,these are all just fairy tales....as any cat that has hoomins around knows too well! You basically own the whole house and you can do anything you like even if hoomins think that they have taught you some of their rules! You know it is better sometimes to let them believe that they are in charge at home and that they can tell you what not to do even if deep down know that is not really true of course...it just makes them feel better about themselves so we let them believe that they actually live in their own fantasy world...nobody gets hurt in the end anymeows!

So and going back to Tolkien I became straight away his only mentor and he became my little pupil and follower....and it was fun at first as he would easily and without asking any questions would do anything he was told to do...But of course things started to change as the weeks started passing away and he started to grow more and more....he became more difficult to control and teach anything useful! I mean he is still a kitten of course and he is still quite stupid and he still forgets things and acts on impulse without thought of the consequences of his actions...he would still run after that strange red dot and crash into walls and cupboards in his attempt to catch it....of course and in the unlikely case scenario that he does catch it, then, it would be all mine...after all this time that it had managed to escape me! But and to be totally honest with you I can’t really see him catching it...he is not that smart and the dot is far too clever for him to be caught that easily....after all this time I know how hard is to catch that darn dot!

He is also terrible when it comes to playing....I mean I like playing with Tolkien...he is a lot better than the hoomins who tend to get easily bored and to stop playing pretty quickly....when you are just starting having fun. So yes, of course he is a lot better to play with than trying to play on your own....but to be honest he is really pretty terrible at everything....For starters he is terrible at hide and seek...He doesn’t seem to understand the notion of hiding....that he must hide completely and not only part of his body (if even that!) or the idea of seeking the other purrson that is hiding....so I go into hiding and he forgets that he is supposed to find me....he then forgets everything... that he is supposed to be playing with me....Instead and quite often I would find him sitting on one of the hoomins...snoozing away completely oblivious to the fact that I’m still waiting for him to come and find me....seriously that kitten has serious issues with his memory it seems!
See? Not a clue how to play a hide and seek!
And don’t let me start with his chasing capabilities....he runs far too fast for me to catch him and for him to wait to catch me....how can you play catch when he runs ahead of you when you are the one he is supposed to catch? 

Seriously his playing skills have not improved at all after all this time as they still need a lot of work....You know, I think that the hoomins might be responsible for Tolkien being so bad at learning anything…they seem to have a bad influence on him. You know he is becoming as each days passes too lazy, far too soft, forgetful and doesn’t seem to care too much about his training anymore. He seems to like spending a lot of time with the hoomins and I believe that he has even started thinking that he is a hoomin too....

Those pesky hoomins....they will spoil Tolkien and he would not learn anything useful in the end.....of course and now that I’m rethinking it there is also a positive side on this…when he spends time with the hoomins he then spends less time with me which also means that I can catch up with some serious snoozing and extra snacking, which of course is not so bad after all! Hmmm! Hoomins might have some use after all it seems!

Anymeows better go now....snacking and snoozing time is fast approaching!

Purrs and meows till next time! 

Before I go though I would like to mention once again that my hoomins are trying to raise money to help older cats such like Choo Choo and Faith were with vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help cats like Choo Choo to have a good old age you can donate by clicking here:



Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the Ozzy Superstar range here too:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...