Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 5 August 2019

Not guilty but award winner material...despite what hoomins think!

Bird watching can be soooo boring sometimes!
You know sometimes I am really disappointed with my hoomins...I mean they can be sooo inconsiderate....especially when it comes to meowself and my purrsonal needs...I don’t think that they have a very high opinion about me either as they are so easily convinced that I am to be blamed for so many things....wrongly of course!
For example the other day they’ve accused me of making a mess in the bathroom while they were trying to clean the house and then they’ve said that they had hard evidence too…Well, I say pfft to that evidence....a little paw print on a wet floor doesn’t prove anything in my opinion...it could have easily been done by anybody with a paw in the house (or even a hoomin trying to frame me by making up such evidence....you know using a false paw to make a print....you know how devious these hoomins can be sometimes...). Besides they shouldn’t have been using that vacuum monster which is very scary and makes loud noises around the house to chase me in the first place anyway....they weren’t really cleaning the house, they were just  wanted to chase me around pretending that the monster was actually cleaning....tricky hoomins...

Nope, I can’t see it hoomin...this is not a paw print and if it is it is definitely not mine!
So it’s not bad enough that they are blaming me for things I didn’t do (well at least not on purpose...you know as we’ve said it before...accidents do happen) but they also don’t even consider me as being an award winning pussycat  to be nominated me for cat awards, when clearly I am clearly a champion in all those cat…egories...
You see,  I’ve heard my hoomins saying that there is a competition of a sort for brave and clever cats like me and then I’ve also found out that my hoomins didn’t bother to nominate me for any of those categories…like I’’m not good enough or something…
One of the categories is for a hero cat that saves the day...well, Hello,  I save my hoomins every single day by being cute, kind, entertaining and most importantly very understanding and tolerant towards all their faults and mistakes they constantly make....The winner in this category should of course be me....who else?

Then there is the category for most caring cat....of course I am the most caring cat in the world...I care for my not so clever hoomins who without me they would have been completely lost and very very bored and with no purpose in life...I also care for Faith now by making sure that her food is just right for her by tasting it every time and also that she gets sufficient exercise by also giving her a little head start with a bit of chasing. So the winner in this category can only be meowself of course....

Then there is the category of furr-ever friends, I am forever friend to my hoomins and I was Choo Choo’s best friend and of course Faith’s(even if she tells you differently, she’s just been stubborn of course)...I’m very loyal and understanding especially when it comes to my hoomins...I let them have a bit of fun by allowing  them to entertain me and play with me when I am bored and I even let them pet me and give me the occasional cuddle...although one of my hoomins is too clingy for me but what can you do...she ie very needy and of course because I’m a caring cat I let her....to a point of course...she needs to know when to stop...especially when it comes to that pink staining stuff she wears on her lips...as I’m turning pink now! So yes of course I should win this category as well...there is no other cat friendlier than meowself again!

As for outstanding rescue cat, well it goes without saying...I am the only winner they can have in this category of course...I was rescued by my current hoomins (well in reality I kinda saved them myself from being bored and miserable after their loss of another cat who used to live with them before me...) and I was offered a good home which of course after testing I’ve decided that it was the right place for me to spend the rest of my life after my previous bad experience with those other not so nice hoomins who they didn’t want me when I was a big cat and not a kitten anymore and chose instead  to keep the other cat instead of me...Well in the end it worked out for the best I guess as my hoomins now despite all their faults they do love me and care for me (even if they are grumpy and pretend to be miserable at times) and they are now my hoomins!

As for the final category, well I think it is for the hoomins only so they can keep that award...all the rest they can send them to my home...there is no need for myself to be there on the night to get them as I’m sure I would be very busy as always....doing what I normally do....(not just snoozing or eating of course...there are other important things that I do which you know they are purrsonal after all).

So I would expecting those awards to be arriving very soon

In the meantime purrs and meows till next time!


Now for a bit of bad news I’m afraid....We’ve lost recently Choo Choo who was my best friend and my hero and who tolerated everybody and everything...even me when I was a bit too excitable and he wasn’t. He was 17 and a half years old and was living with the hoomins for 16 years now, since they found him abandoned all these years ago. He passed away quietly on Saturday night after a short illness and now we are all missing him....
Goodbye Choo Choo you were a great companion to all cats and hoomins!

Choo Choo was my best friend and I’d miss him!
I would also like to mention here again that my hoomins trying to raise money to help older cats such as Choo Choo was with vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help cats like Choo Choo to have a good old age you can donate by clicking here:

Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the  Ozzy Superstar range here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...