Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 22 July 2019

When sometimes accidents happen...hoomins are not meant to be amused


Here I am, having a little me time!

You know, us, cats are known for being graceful and always the ones who are in charge in our environments of others and of course hoomins (well they do need somebody to look after them after all, as they are not very good at taking care of themselves as everybody knows…).
We are creatures of mystery and elegance and our history goes well back in ancient times when we were considered gods (ahh the good old days...one time again we will rule the world...with our hoomins of course....that’s what I meant). But of course sometimes things don’t always go according to plan and little mishaps do happen...You know you might accidentally  miscalculate the distance between the floor and the kitchen counter because of bad light or because you were distracted by the hoomin in there and your first attempt of climbing might not have proved to be successful. Well sometimes things do happen and we don’t always have totally control over them...

Or in another instance for example you might want to jump from one surface to another, let’s say on the top of the fridge and again you might get distracted by the hoomin who is doing something and you might not let’s say notice the big bowl full of water that the hoomin is using to clean the fish tank and as as result you might find yourself by accident… inside that bowl...a very nasty experience getting wet suddenly...sooo unexpectedly. Rather scary as well as it was so sudden and wet...Of course in such a situation your first reaction would be to run away and to find a quiet corner to contemplate what has just happened and of course to also dry the very wet parts...mostly your bag legs and tail...
And naturally and in such a situation you’d expect your hoomins to be considerate and rather worried about your wellbeing....you had after all a nasty accident and not to be rolling on the floor laughing and making such a big deal out of such a nasty situation...calling you clumsy!
Nope, I was most definitely didn’t expect my hoomins to react in such a way, it was an unfortunate and very unpleasant situation, one which myself and hoomins should feel the need to forget as soon as possible and not to be wishing to have recorded it so it can watch the ‘accident’ again...in slow motion (really, why hoomins?).
 So disappointed with my hoomins, it wasn’t funny it was very unfortunate and most definitely not my fault...They know too well that I like jumping on top of the fridge so to keep an eye on what’s going on down and therefore they shouldn’t have booby trapped with bowls of water my spot....I didn’t know that hoomin was doing the fish tank (she always cleans that big watery bowl with these creatures who always swim round and round....soooo boring), No most definitely it wasn’t my fault...

Also it wasn’t my fault that I’ve knocked those moth jars from that unit...why those hoomins put things on top of shelves and bookcases that I can easily knock over, don’t they know that I’m going to climb there soon or later to see what’s going on? So, no, I wasn’t going to set those moths free again inside (hoomins usually let them free outside), I wasn’t even aware that they were there anyway! So there was no reason for them to again start laughing because I got surprised and a little bit scared (just a little bit, OK?) when those noisy glassy jars fell on that floor...it was again very unexpected...(and they didn’t even get damaged!). It is not really fair that hoomins find very amusing all these unfortunate accidents or the fact that they keep saying that I’m a very ‘clumsy fellow...for a  cat. I’m not a  clumsy fellow, I’m a handsome fellow hoomins...
Very upsetting indeed....and I’m not sure that I can forgive them for being so cruel to me....No way!

Hmmm! Wait a minute, now, did hoomin call me? Oh I think she is feeling up my food bowl...Better go and check, just to make sure that food is not getting wasted of course!

Purrs and meows till next time!

But before I go I would like to mention here again that my hoomins trying to raise money to help with our older cats vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help you can donate by clicking here:

Also now I have my own range of products Ozzy Superstar which you can buy from here:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...