Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 15 July 2019

When hoomins are too busy for you...I don’t like it!

Where that darn bone has gone now...I’d get you!


Here we are again! Another not so great weekend has just passed and once again I can’t say that I had a good time despite the fact that my hoomins were at home most of the time (well at least one of my hoomins anymeows, as the other sometimes tends to spend a lot of time outside on Caturday and then comes back carrying bagsthat they don’t have any cat food, treats or toys....it’s all hoomin stuff! Nope don’t like it, she spends too much time outdoors and I don’t think that is good for her....you know she needs to stay home and rest like the other hoomin does and give me a lot of attention and extra treats and food!).

So and as I was saying last weekend wasn’t again a good one as and once again I didn’t get much attention from any of my hoomins...on the contrary they were rather upset at times with me and I’m not quite sure even now what I did wrong...I was just being my normal self!
You know, I’ve followed the normal weekend routine, started early, well normal for any other day of the week of course. My morning waking up the hoomins alarm started as usual with the one hoomin, sitting on her then moving to the biting and scratching face, hands, exposed feet phase and then afterwards  going to the other hoomin (well, I don’t want him to feel left out of course) till he eventually gave in and he got up (she is a lot harder to wake up in the weekends than he is as she sleeps a lot and even locks me out of the room so not to try to get her up again till she decides to get up herself...no fair really as I don’t like being behind closed doors and she totally ignores my meows and scratching at the door efforts! I really don’t understand how she can ignore me when I’m trying my very hardest to be as loud as I can be so she can hear me...such a mystery that hoomin!).

So and when eventually the first hoomin got up I thought that we were for a nice, enjoyable weekend with hoomins around to give me the attention (and food of course) I needed. But things weren’t going according to plan as hoomins seemed to be pre-occupied with Choo Choo instead.
Well I know that Choo Choo hasn’t being his normal ignoring me all the time himself lately and he seems to have some issues with his food, hoomins are giving him different food than before because he can’t eat the normal stuff anymore (well, good thing that I’m around of course so all that nice food doesn’t get wasted although hoomins are not so keen to distribute all that food to any of us at all as they keep saying something like..no good for anybody really....I do hope that they are not going to waste all that food after all!).
But of course it’s not just the food that Choo Choo has to eat and which food hoomins also think now that I should be eating as well because they believe that I’m on the plump size (what that means anyway?) and I need to eat less and better so I don’t get too fat (once again I’m not fat hoomins!) and which food of course not only doesn’t taste that great but it also comes in small portions which they are not that filling, believe me!
Why oh why do I need that horrible food that Choo Choo now eats? You see Choo Choo is old, I’m not....Not fair!
So and as I was saying it wasn’t only the change of the food that spoiled my weekend but also the fact that Choo Choo took advantage of the hoomins and made them feel sorry for him and as result they spend most of the time giving him attention and ignoring me despite my efforts to remind me that I was also around (well I had to knock over a few things to get their attention of course)...It was all poor Choo Choo this and poor Choo Choo that and he was sitting and snoozing on hoomins all the time and hoomins wouldn’t disturb him or give me a bit of attention...Boy how Choo Choo milked it all weekend....and then Faith would come and squeak and she would get some attention as well....she doesn’t even meow properly, she just squeaks for pity’s sake!

So I had to find ways to entertain myself at times between my little power naps, you know find anything that I can play like that bone I’ve stolen from the hoomin’s plate, best toy ever I can tell you! I had a lot of fun all weekend with that bone...Hey don’t judge me now....I had to have some fun on my own as I was getting bored seeing Choo Choo playing the I’m not too well, give me some more attention hoomins, card all weekend!

Anymeows at least now everything is back to normal (except from my food that is, I’m still getting the same small crappy portions, thanks to Choo Choo of course) and Choo Choo miraculously  got better now that hoomins had to go back to work....grrr....

Better go now and see if I can convince hoomins that I might die from starvation if they don’t feed me some proper food soon!

Purrs and meows for now!

But before I go I would like to mention here again that my hoomins trying to raise money to help with our older cats vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help you can donate by clicking here:


Also now I have my own range of products Ozzy Superstar which you can buy from here:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...