Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 8 July 2019

Weekends are not that great after all...I’ve decided, especially when hoomins are at home...pfft!

I’m right here...hiding from hoomins,,,good hiding, ha?


You know I came to the conclusion that I don’t really like weekends after all....especially those weekends that hoomins decide that they will be staying at home ALL the time to recharge their batteries and to annoy, us, kittens and destroy our normal peaceful and relaxing time at home...

As I’ve mentioned it before weekends mornings are really bad to start with...actually they are a sort of a nightmare to kinda think of it...For starters hoomins don’t get up on their normal time in the mornings as they are having what they call it a ‘lying in’...which means that they would stay in bed almost indefinitely with no consideration of us, suffering starving kitties who we don’t have our breakfast on time...I really try my very best every time to get them up at a reasonable time but they are so stubborn and they totally ignore me...nothing it seems to work with those pesky hoomins on those weekend mornings, despite all my best efforts to get them up at a reasonable time so they can do their chores. I mean last Caturday I even tried something totally different to see if that might work but and unfortunately nothing seems to have an effect on these lazy hoomins on weekends! This time I’ve first tried the scratching of the exposed foot of the one of the hoomins but darn it she was too quick for me and she put it away far too quickly for me to do any real damage...I mean to be effective in my attempts to get her up of course! Then it was the scratching of the exposed hand, again she was too quick so I went for the nose and that didn’t go according to plan either...she got really annoyed at me and she went undercovers...Nope that plan didn’t work at all so I haD to spend the rest of the morning sitting on top of the other hoomin till he eventually decided to get up...very very late than normal...I’m telling you it is impossible to get them at a decent time in the weekends...I wonder though...is it just me and  my hoomins are just faulty or is this a common practice among other hoomins as well on weekends? Hmm...I wonder!

So and when eventually they’ve decided to get up at some really ridiculously late time and it is almost too late for breakfast (only joking of course, it is never too late for any kind of meal of course for us, kitties!) then it started to get even more tiresome than just trying to get them out of bed! I mean hoomins they then started to act a bit peculiar, you know they’ve started noticing me and paying more attention than usual, which was a bit weird and rather uncomfortable I dare to say! All of the sudden they were very very friendly and were looking at me rather peculiar! They’ve started giving me me the attention that you don’t really want from your hoomins, you know when they start thinking that maybe a visit to the vet is due or something similar and very unpleasant is about to happen!  You know, when they suddenly are noticing that you are in need of good brush and then they try to create bald spots with that horrible brush, when quite clearly I didn’t need any kind of brushing(I am always purrfect)....or and even worse noticing that your claws are too long and they need trimming...hoomins no, no nobody touches my claws, I’d do my own trimming thank you very much...But of course and as it was to be expected they wouldn’t leave me alone and after a while and some chasing and a bit of hiding and seek playing as well I was finally trapped (well they were two of them and one poor little me) and they’ve managed in the end to trim my poor little claws. Of course and as it is to be expected I made a lot fuss and I was pretending to be extremely annoyed and even I’ve tried to bite hoomins hand (hee, hee). What do you expect? I had to play my part of course of the very annoyed, sulking kitty, even if there was no harm done and my claws look and feel a lot better now, but you can’t let hoomins know that now, can you? So yes weekends sometimes can be really hellish when hoomins are at home and they decide that they need to give you a bit more attention than normal...they feel that they have been neglecting you and you need a bit of ‘pampering’, good grief what ever next? A bubble bath?...Just kidding, let’s not send out there to the universe anymore bad vibes and suddenly those pesky hoomins start getting such crazy ideas...
Well at least the weekend is over now and hoomins are back to their normal routine and too tired after work to give me too much attention...phew!

By the way and if by any chance have heard any rumours about a new girlfriend...I’m telling you know that’s it’s all lies, she just happened to pass by and I was just looking outside and I didn’t get all excited or anything...I don’t even think that she is pretty anymeow, just another ordinary black cat....who she might like me a little...so don’t listen to my hoomins, they are just seeing things now and making too much of a deal of nothing, really meow!

Anymeows better go mow!

Purrs and meows till next time


But before I go I would like to mention here again that my hoomins trying to raise money to help with our older cats vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover older cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help you can donate click here:

Also now I have my own range of products Ozzy Superstar which you can buy from here:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...