Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Friday 1 February 2019

My favourite spots in the house and how to make sure that nobody else uses them....

The one thing that each kitty has in common with all the other kitties it is of course  having favourite spots at home where he can relax and snooze without being disturbed by other cats or hoomins in the house...

Of course there are always plenty places to choose from and some are better than others dependent of their location in the house of course! I, myself have many spots in the house, some better than others, some which out of the kindness of my heart I share with the other three and some whičh are just mine and nobody's else! Well a kitty has to have some boundaries you know.

You see there are many factors you need to take into consideration when you are picking a favourite spot in the house, for example ideally you want a warm, quiet spot somewhere quite high above ground so you can keep at the same time an eye on what’s going on around, you know, to make sure that hoomins and cats are all behaving accordingly....Of course different times of the day or even different days and seasons need different locations in the house to accommodate one’s needs. For example in the winter and at night time you want to share your bed with the hoomins as they are quite cosy and they can keep you warm....in the summer or when it is hot you want to keep hoomins away from the bed if possible and if not and they are as expected quite stubborn about it then to find the best and coolest spot of the bed and because you are kind and considerate you might even let the hoomins to have a spot on the bed too...if they are good and behave that is...

Then there are the sofas and chairs...again different times of the day and days determine which chair and sofa you will use and whether you’ll share that sofa with the other kitties in the house or any of those pesky hoomins....when it is really cold then you allow your hoomin on the sofa (the one who is the softest and quite comfortable that is) and then you rest and snooze on their lap....again for the extra warmth that is (but of course you let the hoomins believe that you are being affectionate and caring….hmmm hoomins are so gullible sometimes!).

Quite often I would share the sofa and the bed with Choo Choo as he is quite OK as other cats go  that is and I like him especially when he is not grumpy as he can be quite fun to be with but I rather not share any of my favourite spots with the two girls, pffft, as they are really fussy and very very grumpy....nope Ripley and Faith do not share with me, pfft girls, they think thêy are so special or something….

Now as I’ve said before there are many spots in the house which I like and prefer for snoozing and resting but there is one that is absolute mine and nobody’s else and that is the top of my platform....which hoomins got me and I don’t like sharing with anybody cause it is mine and nobody’e else, simple as that, the hoomins got it only for me. I like sitting there cause I can keep an eye on everything inside and outside as it is next to the window....and I get a very good view when birdies and that pesky squirrel come to the feeder, besides as the the other three are a bit older than me they are not so keen on climbing on that top spot anymore so my favourite spot is quite safe....although I’m not quite sure I understand what hoomins mean when they are saying that I’m getting too fat for it now and it started to look like the leaning tower of Pisa,,, nonsenses...I can still get to it....no problems....
Very strange box indeed...not a very good fit for a kitty!

But of course it is natural for a kitty like myself to sometimes get a bit bored with the same old spots and as a result to try and find new alternative ones....I’m always trying for something new like the plastic box where that small strange cat that hoomins call hamster lives....I mean what is so special about it....it is quite messy and there is strange food everywhere (I mean how can he eat that stuff…it tastes disgusting).... so I’m not so sure about its appeal really....I do admit that I like trying new boxes and this one is particularly interesting but I’m not quite sure that is the right fit though for me....what do you think? Hmmm...very strange looking box indeed....

Anymeows better go now hoomins are filling the bowls again...till next time fellow box sharers....

Meows and purrs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...