Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 2 September 2019

Kittens are such hard work...why my hoomins don’t ever listen to me!

Finally having some quality time with my hoomin and no kitten around....he is bothering the other hoomin, he he!
Well, Tolkien is being with us now for three whole weeks and boy, have these three weeks gone really slow and being really soooo tiring....everybody is really exhausted trying to catch up with the antics of the little one (both hoomins and meowself, except of course Faith who still pretends that she can’t see him, even when he is in front of her or trying to catch her tail...I really don’t know how she does it, how can she manages to totally ignore him...like he’s not there or he is invisible or something....unbelievable!).
Anymeows and don’t get me wrong I really like Tolkien, he is really fun to have around and bully...I meant play with as he loves playing but he can be really hard work at times. I mean because he is very young he doesn’t seem to understand the concept of having a rest now and then....you know to do what cats suppose to do,  have little naps so till dinner time, save some energy for later when hoomins are around...Well, he hardly seems to get tired! Where does he get all that energy and constantly chasing something, myself, his tail, a toy that he’s just found again, the flies....or yes those flies...There some flies that seem to have taken residency at our home right now and they seem very reluctant to leave despite all hoomins efforts to let them out or catch them (he, he that’s a sight, hoomins trying to catch flies...so funny, watching them trying!) so they have become now Tolkien’s favourite game...well and again he is trying to show how good a hunter he is...(you know how things are with the youngsters these days...they try to impress you, you know the I can do what you can do better attitude....not that I can or want to catch flies...what on earth for...they don’t taste very nice and they are far too fast to even attempt to catch...I let hoomins do all the hard work...The same of course applies for spiders...which thank God for little mercies Tolkien hasn’t discovered yet....after all what hoomins are here for?).

So yes, Tolkien likes chasing flies and he would jump everywhere and as high as he can in his attempt to catch them...which can be fun for 10 minutes watching him but then it becomes boring and dangerous as he often would jump without realising where he would end up landing, on a resting kitten perhaps...or when he is trying to catch the fly on the TV screen....Yeahh hoomins not so happy with Tolkien on those occasions and of course Tolkien being a kitten he totally ignores everybody and he ends up making a lot of a mess....One of these days hoomins will get really annoyed and being cute won’t work for him anymore...I have tried to warn him but again he is a kitten and he doensn’t listen or seems to care about anything...at least my consciousness is clear on the matter!

Tolkien having a little mad catnip time...one of many!
Of course and I must admit it,  it is rather nice having that little character trying to copy you and following you around and of course occasionally and when hoomins are not not watching or they are not around showing him who is the boss around here, you know I let him feel my paw on his head, gently and occasionally of course, so to keep him in his place, you know, as part of his training...it is after all my responsibility to train him, is not?
But you know and now that I am a famous cat after all,  being pet of the week and stuff recenly, I expect a bit more respect, especially from the little one (and hoomins of course...but hoomins are a totally different story and they need special treatment so to be reminded of how special I am of course)....What I don’t expect is not to have any privacy at all, especially at those special times when you want to be left alone to use the litter tray, for example…It is very unnerving, you know, having the kitten watching you while you are on the litter tray....and I know hoomins call it learning how to properly use the litter tray I, myself,  call it invasion of my privacy, my freedom....there are limits and the kitten needs to know when and where he needs to stop watching me....Of course and luckily for me there are plenty of litter boxes in our home so I can escape from Tolkien when he is not watching me and some of them are ever covered so at least I can get some privacy! But I’m telling you sometimes he is such a hard work trying to make him understand the rules around here....and being young is not the best excuse! He needs to start learning and hoomins to also take some responsibilty for his actions...I can’t be his mentor all the time. This cat here needs his purrsonal space and time to enjoy some quality nap time. So hoomins you’ve brought him home you then train him...So there!

Anymeows better go now...it’s almost dinner time and perhaps time for a little play session....where is that kitten gone now?

Purrs and meows till next time!

Before I go though I would like to mention once again that my hoomins are trying to raise money to help older cats such like Choo Choo was with vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help cats like Choo Choo to have a good old age you can donate by clicking here:

Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the  Ozzy Superstar range here too:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...