Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 26 August 2019

Living with a kitten....how exhausting can it be....and I blame hoomins for this!

Ahh...having a little rest while kitten is somewhere destroying something in the house!
Here we are again and another week has just passed and many things have happened.
For starters, yours truly here has been named as pet of the week in one of the weekly magazines, Real People UK (issue 34) with a photo of meoself and mention of my hobbits and likes...now and to clear things once and for all I don not snore...it’s all a hoomin lie, they’ve simply exaggerated the facts to make me look bad and to tarnish my good reputation. So and as I’ve mentioned it before what they are saying is snoring is actually gentle purring...yes I’m a purrer and I’m proud of it....besides hoomins are the ones who snore (and my hoomins do snore sometimes really loud...it can be like listening to an orchestra in there at times!) and not cats....really now, who’ll believe that a cute cat like me snores....lies all lies!
Anymeows and now that I am a famous kitty (and if any of my admirers wants my pawgraph I can provide it on demand of course) I would have expected from my hoomins a bit more respect and more treats coming my way on a daily basis....but of course my hoomins being hoomins have not changed their ways at all in any way! If anything things seems to have gone from bad to worse now that there is a kitten in the house (hoomins, what were you thinking?).
It’s really hard trying to keep up with a kitten!
Well don’t get me wrong, I do like the new kitten,Tolkien can be fun to have around, we do play a lot and anything that gets broken or gets knocked off shelves he is blamed for, since I’m the good cat here who tries to shows him how to be good....well this is what my hoomins seem to believe anyway, which makes life sooooo much easier these days but and at the same time he is such a hard work...
You know, hoomins, well at least some hoomins seem to believe that some fish don’t have very good memories, well, and for  the rest of you hoomins out there I can tell you now for certain that this also applies to kittens too, at least to Tolkien. I mean he is so forgetful it’s unbelievable....he must be related to fish somehow...I mean he does something, he gets into trouble and he a fe minutes later he forgets all about it and comes back again for part two! Now he has this new developed habit of jumping in front of the telly, while hoomins are watching and then he would try to catch anything that moves…it seems to be a constant black silhouette on the TV screen now!
And then there is the other thing.... kittens never seem to get tired....he keeps chasing me in the house and he won’t stop even when I paw him on the head, the well known cat sign of you must stop now, you’ve gone too far little one!
I mean l like playing hide and seek like any other cat does but with Tolkien there is no stopping, even when he eats he still won’t stop playing which means that he is not leaving me alone either to eat my food...I hardly get the time to eat these days (and do not listen to hoomins when they are saying that this is a good thing because I need the exercise to lose some weight...again they are exaggerating I do not need exercising…not fat either!).
I wish I knew where kittens get all that energy....I’m trying to have a little nap and the moment I open my eyes he is there waiting for me so he can play...and there is the other thing....he is everywhere, there is no escape from him...how does he do it?
I heard the hoomins saying the other day among other things (like we are too old for a kitten, which I totally agree with them) while they were trying to cat proof the house as he can fit anywhere and everywhere that as he gets older he’ll slow down a lot so I’m sincerely hoping that would be the case for next week otherwise I don’t think I’ll survive another whole week being constantly chased and playing with kitten (how I miss hoomins and their slow reactions when playing...ahh the good old days!)
One of these rarest moments when kitten is asleep...precious!
 Anymeows better go and charge my batteries now hopefully my hoomins would have taken pity on me and filled my bowl so I can prepare for the night playing session!

Purrs and meows for now

Before I go though I would like to mention once again that my hoomins are trying to raise money to help older cats such like Choo Choo was with vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help cats like Choo Choo to have a good old age you can donate by clicking here:

Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the  Ozzy Superstar range here too:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...