Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 21 December 2020

The festive season might be here but not all things are that merry for us cats!

I’d get to that stoopid Tolkien without having to have to huff and puff his house!


So Christmas is not far away now (and the end of the year finally is not too far either) and my hoomins have gone into full festive mode it seems which I’m guessing it is also for many hoomins everywhere out there now that they haven’t been left with much else to celebrate. I do feel sorry for those hoomins though that they can’t even go home now and they are stuck somewhere where they don’t want really to be this festive season. Of course and most importantly I feel especially sorry for those poor cats and dogs that they would have to celebrate these holidays without having their hoomins at home with them...


Anymeows and back to my little issues with this festive season. You see I don’t really mind those peculiar Christmas decorations that hoomins insist on putting on this time of the year around the house like for example bringing real trees indoors and then decorating them with shiny objects and lights and then they expect you not only not to assist them during this decorating process but also to just stay away from that nice looking and very interesting tree and only watch from afar without trying to get a closer look....I mean it is ridiculous and silly and they seem to be acting like they don’t know us at all. We are cats after all and it is our duty to check and investigate anything new that arrives to our home to make sure that is safe for all the residents and hoomins of course....so we simply can’t just sit and watch without doing some sort of investigation…is not in our nature you know!


But of course I’m a reasonable, intelligent and understanding cat after all and I do know that the hoomins have put a lot of effort and time to decorate that nice tree so I can always have a discreet look when they are not around without disturbing anything that they can clearly see…as they don’t even know that I’ve been close enough to have a thorough investigation because and after all I’m very good to be a cat! But naturally and because I’m not the only cat in the house I can’t really say the same about Tolkien who is still and after all an amateur who has no idea of how big and destructive can he be or who knows how to discreetly investigate and when....when the hoomins are not watching you of course stoopid Tolkien (by the way you can still read about our life at home and of course all about the good times we’ve used to have at home in the good old days before March when hoomins behaved like hoomins and they’ve used to go outside often...in the hoomins comic Life with Ozzy.. and Tolkien available on Amazon)!

Tolkien thinks that he is part of the hoomins Christmas decorations...

Anymeows enough it is been said about trees and Tolkien and these are not really my main concerns because and as I’ve said it before my issues are not with the Christmas decorations (even if the hoomins have gone a little bit too far this year....understandably of course).

My big  issue is with the hoomins’ behaviour this time of the year when and all of the sudden they’ve started behaving strangely and saying things like ‘no Ozzy you can’t eat this is not for you or it’s not good for you Ozzy....stay away from the kitchen???’

I mean what happened to my hoomins this supposedly festive season? They never say no to me, they’d even let me eat from their plate if I wish to do so help them clean the pots and plates and assist with the cooking....So how it comes and all of the sudden I’m not allowed to eat and try the things they are cooking and baking? Especially when they are doing a lot of baking and cooking and the house smells.....hmmm delicious and you can’t really escape from those smells!

They won’t even let meowself give them a paw in the kitchen while they are cooking or baking. I mean what do they actually baking or cooking that I’m not allowed to eat and they can? Especially when it smells so nice....how all those delicious things are not good enough for meowself to eat? This is sooo strange and such a mystery that it needs to be solved immediately, without any delay!


Nope I most definitely don’t like these strange hoomins during this festive season as they are not behaving like my hoomins that I know well and who’d never say no to anything that I want (well sometimes they say no to Tolkien because he is quite stoopid after all). Which it is such a pitty of course because I was really looking forward to Christmas for a little cheer and celebration after this trying and horrible year that we all had (well OK the hoomins had and ourselves with them as well as we could feel their pain at times). 

But I’m not as yet panicking and I’m trying to stay positive and believe that when it comes to the actual Christmas dinner the hoomins would revert back to their old selves again and we’d then all share that lovely Christmas dinner (well at least some of that lovely roast meat that they usually have as I’m not really interested on the green stuff that they usually have as well, they can keep all the other stuff really).


So let’s all be positive and have a great (and tasty) Christmas this year!


Purrs and Meows till next time!



Before you go and if you want to check that mentioned above comic...Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien is now available to download or buy on Amazon


Ozzy and Tolkien would like to ask you to donate if you could so to help us with the ever expensive vet bills of our senior cats so they can have a good old age.  So please PayPal Ozzy and Tolkien’s hoomin. Thank you!


Don't forget to check my hoomin's site on Cat Behaviour if you want some advice...hoomin says that I am really good at giving good advice to hoomins! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...