Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 20 January 2020

Healthy living and small carbon pawprint it’s not for cats, hoomins!


Why hoomins would consider downsizing now...ideally they need to increase the size of the furniture like the sofa instead....not a lot of room for meowself and Tolkien!

Now that we are well into the new year and the new decade if you care about this sort of thing of course you’d have expected that by now things would have gone back to be normal again!
Unfortunately this is not the case, not with my hoomins at least!
You see, they don’t seem to have recovered as yet from this new year hoomin disease which seems to be very wide spread and very very contagious by the looks of it among all hoomins and apparently nobody is immune. Thank god it doesn’t spread among us, cats, pfew!
So yes my hoomins haven’t as yet recovered from this strange illness of wanting at the beginning of what they call a new year (although it is the middle of the season in reality) to start new habits and lifestyle so to improve their life (and ours apparently, like it needed any improvement anymeows...my life had been purrfect till hoomins got ill of course!). 
So now hoomins have this disease and the symptoms are their attempts to have a healthy life and to also try and downsize on everything, even on our living space....All of the sudden (which I think it is another symptom of their disease) they’ve started watching these videos on TV about these hoomin tiny houses (seriously these little houses are far too small for cats, like meowself and Tolkien….as there is not enough spaces to snooze or to do a bit running...I don’t think that there is even enough space for Tolkien to stretch on the floor his many legs and long tail....Those houses are definitely not for cats like ourselves who we love our space at home). So my hoomins and after watching far too many of these videos  they have started talking about the possibility of eventually also doing some downsizing themselves and even building one of these tiny houses in a sunny country they say to make the most of the nice weather....What is a sunny country anymeows and why my hoomins are even talking about downsizing and even moving....it’s definitely not my hoomins that they are talking all these nonsenses, it’s that awful disease I was telling you about, it’s the only logic explanation after all that kinda makes any sense!

By the way hoomins we also need a bigger cat tree too...and a few new toys perhaps!
I mean they are actually talking about getting rid of a lot of things that they don’t need or use anymore and living a simple life in a small space that it can accommodate their needs without causing unnecessary harm to the environment...And it’s not the hoomins’ stuff that is really the issue (after all they do have far too many clothes and shoes which they do not really need....they should use one nice fur coat like we do and a pair of shoes if they have to wear shoes after all). No, no it’s not the clothes that the hoomins want to get rid or the books and other things that they have no really use to me anyway that seriously worries me....What it worries me is that they even are considering downsizing by losing some of my favourite furniture...like for example our...one, two...well quite a few perhaps sofas in different rooms or those big cosy chairs and of course and very importantly my precious toys (even those that Tolkien now is allowed to use). No hoomins it is time to come to your senses! There is no need to downsize here, I need all my toys and all the spare boxes in the house along with the available paper (which Tolkien after all loves to chew and eat), cat beds and houses (even if we are not using them anymore....you never know we might use them in the distant future) along of course with scratching posts....etc. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind it if hoomins decide to get some new toys or surfaces to climb and scratch, of course not but and at the same time I positively refuse of getting rid any of my old stuff, no way hoomins. Also and all this talking about healthy eating again and again….hoomins should know by now that  it doesn’t apply to my or Tolkien’s food and therefore there is no need for ourselves to live a healthy life…healthy life for cats, good grief whatever next! You hoomins, you can eat as much green stuff and fruit as you like (with a bit of meat and fish on the side of course) but don’t try under any circumstances to change any of my eating habits. No need, all cat food is very healthy after all....I’m an excellent example of good health and purrfect appearance....I’m not fat or even overweight despite what hoomins might think and say....it’s all under control and what it looks like a bit of weight it is actually what it keeps me warm these cold months. It’s my body’s natural way to keep me in good condition....So nothing needs to change and my carbon paw is very small and my eating habits and way of life doesn’t cause any harm to the environment....besides I’m a cat after all and not a hoomin so what harm can I do (I don’t even harm birdies or other small creatures, no need). 

So let’s hope that my hoomins would soon recover from this awful sickness and they’d go back to their old habits very very soon....before they actually do something really dangerous which would destroy my own happy and healthy environment!

Till next time 

Purrs and Meows!

Before I go though I would like to mention once again that if you feel generous and you want to help some of our senior cats with their vet bills so they can have a good old age you can do so by donating: So please click here:

 Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the Ozzy Superstar range here too:



!!!NEW!!! If you want to have a portrait made of your furry companion check this site for more details at: Dog Art



 Don't forget to check my hoomin's site on cat behavioural issues if you want some advice about cats behaviour at: Daily Meowing...hoomin says that I am really good at giving good advice to hoomins!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...