Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien

Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien
The misadventures of Ozzy and Tolkien at home

Monday 9 September 2019

A kitten named Tolkien...not bad for a kitten after all!

I’m keeping an eye for Tolkien....he is not stealing this spot, it’s  mine!
Well, yes I know I have been moaning and complaining a lot recently especially about the hoomins  and their silly decision to adopt a kitten and more or less bring chaos to our peaceful lives but I must admit that living with a kitten is not that bad after all! Actually it has been if anything rather beneficial to myself and hoomins of course!

So yes, it wasn’t the worst decision my hoomins have ever made after all. You know, and after all, both my hoomins are getting a bit too old for me, not always available when you want them to be, especially when it comes to playing times...they are getting easily tired and they are a bit slow for my liking so a new and fresh blood it seems it was what I really needed. Besides and let’s face it kittens aren’t that smart after all, they are a lot of things that they don’t know and they can be easily influenced....trained of course so they can grow to be better cats (like myself…).
Yes I do admit Tolkien has been a good thing to have around especially at times when I need my exercise and play time....you know I’ve used to play and do my little running around the house and hoomins used to accuse me for being a destructive force....well guess who they are blaming now for all the mess and destruction our little play sessions might occasionally involves....yeap, it’s the kitten’s fault of course! He is making me, you see, to chase him around the house and all these knocked over objects and turned around carpets in our paths are entirely his doing....he is playing too rough, I keep telling him! But of course and because he is still quite young and cute hoomins don’t seem to get annoyed with him that much and naturally they don’t get annoyed with me at all...win, win situation here. We can run and knock over anything that is in our pathways and hoomins won’t complain...a lot that is...It’s always.... oh it’s a kitten, it is to be expected, he can’t help himself! Now that I’m thinking about it though I don’t think that is that fair, that Tolkien is getting away with almost anything because he is still young and very clumsy and careless and I wasn’t (well not all the time that is)... but at least now I don’t get blamed for all that mess anymore because hoomins believe that is all the kitten’s fault. Things they can’t see they don’t harm me, he he!

Here he is on top of MY BOX, unbelievable!
But there are still a few things though that Tolkien has now learned to do and which things I don’t actually approve or I have given him permission to do so such as stealing my favourite sleeping spots in the house, like the hoomin’s chair, my hammock on the scratching post (OK, I might not quite totally fit there any more, as it seems to have shrunk a bit and I can’t really fit in any known cat position but this is besides the point of being taken over by Tolkien without my permission), on top of my boxes and today the worst one as yet. I’ve just seen him jumping on the kitchen tops for the first time and sniffing around on my favourite spots. This is really unacceptable,,,,he has not given permission to do so by me or he was told that he can go there....I mean where does this privacy intrusion end? Climbing on top of the fridge next or even worse going to the sink and trying to steal my drops from the sink? No, no this is not acceptable at all. The kitten has to learn about boundaries in this house and to respect my spaces or else he would be in a lot of trouble....he will soon know then who is the cat in charge around here....Hmmm!

Anymeows better go know, need to check if he is awake for his night lesson....and my evening play session of course!

Purrs and meows till next time!

Before I go though I would like to mention once again that my hoomins are trying to raise money to help older cats such like Choo Choo was with vet bills as their treatments can be very expensive since insurances don’t cover senior cats treatment for life (not fair really as we can live a lot longer now and some of us need medical treatment)...so if you feel generous and you want to help cats like Choo Choo to have a good old age you can donate by clicking here:

Also you can buy some of my own range of products, the Ozzy Superstar range here too:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finally this year is over….so let’s all hoomins and cats have a great New Year!

  You can read Ozzy’s comic  ‘Life with Ozzy and.. Tolkien’  which is available to download or buy on Amazon Well finally the last day of a...